Learn more via these resources available from the Georgia State University Library:
- Backmann, R. (2010). A wall in Palestine. New York: Picador.
- Ismail, A. (2010). Making sense of a barrier: U.S. news discourses on Israel’s dividing wall. Journal of Communication Inquiry, 34(1), 85-108.
- Krohn, Z., & Lagerweij, J. (2010). Concrete messages: Street art on the Israeli-Palestinian separation barrier. Årsta, Sweden: Dokument Press.
- Vick, K. (2010). Palestinians, contained. Time, 176(25), 48-52.
- Alatout, S. (2009). Walls as technologies of government: The double construction of geographies of peace and conflict in Israeli politics, 2002-present. Annals of the Association of American Geographers, 99(5), 956-968.
- Jones, C. (2009). The writing on the wall: Israel, the security barrier and the future of Zionism. Mediterranean Politics, 14(1), 3-20.
- Kershner, I. (2005). Barrier: The seam of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- DVD – Rivas, C., Sarhandi, D., Primavera Kin (Firm)., & Arab Film Distribution. (2008). The color of olives. [Seattle, Wash.]: Arab Film Distribution.
Social Shutter (edited by GSU sociology professor Deirdre Oakley, GSU sociology graduate student Chandra Ward, and photographer Angie Luvara) is an online “weekly venue for photo essays and single photos with extended captions about everyday social life.” Submissions welcome!