The Library recently purchased access to the Historical Atlanta Constitution from ProQuest. From the publisher:
ProQuest Historical Newspapers–The Atlanta Constitution, historically known as “The Voice of the New South”, is a unique full-image archive offering complete coverage from 1868-1939.
As part of the ProQuest Historical Newspapers program, every issue of this title includes the complete paper –cover to cover – with full-page and article images in downloadable PDF. And the database just keeps growing, with an additional year of content added annually.
The Historical Atlanta Constitution, a leader in shaping Southern opinion on regional and national issues, gives researchers quick, accurate Web access including:
- Complete coverage from 1868-1939
- First-hand accounts of the Reconstruction period and the Post-war South
- Valuable content on the development of modern Southern life
- Writings of Joel Chandler Harris, author of the classic folktale “Uncle Remus”
- Display and classified ads
- Comics and cartoons
This product can be accessed via the Library’s list of electronic resources and databases.