John Lutzker PhD, a leading expert in child neglect and maltreatment prevention, has been appointed Distinguished University Professor in the School of Public Health. Dr. Lutzker is the Director of the Center for Healthy Development, a Professor at the School of Public Health as well as Associate Dean for Faculty Development in the School of Public Health.
President Mark Becker and Provost Risa Palm announced the appointment.
Georgia State created the Distinguished University Professor appointment to recognize professors who have track records of exemplary scholarship in their respective fields of study, and whose research and teaching trajectories demonstrate a commitment to sustained high levels of academic achievement.
You may read Dr. Lutzker’s work in these books, which are available at the Georgia State Library.
- John Lutzker and Joav Merrick (eds.) Applied public health: Examining multifaceted social or ecological problems and child maltreatment.
- Daniel J. Whitaker and John R. Lutzker (eds.). Preventing partner violence: Research and evidence-based intervention strategies.
- John Lutzker (ed.) Preventing violence: Research and evidence-based intervention strategies.
- John R. Lutzker and Kathryn M. Bigelow. Reducing child maltreatment: A guidebook for parent services.
- Crimmins, D. B., VanRie, V., Lutzker, J. R. Bringing social competence interventions to scale in ASD: Our next challenge. In P.F. Gerhardt & D. Crimmins (Ed.), Social skills and adaptive behavior in learners with autism spectrum disorders: Current status and future directions.
He has also published a number of research articles.
- Whitaker DJ, Ryan KA, Wild RC, Self-Brown S, Lutzker JR, Shanley JR, Edwards AM, McFry EA, Moseley CN, Hodges AE. Initial implementation indicators from a statewide rollout of SafeCare within a child welfare system. Child Maltreat. 2012 Feb;17(1):96-101.
- Gaskin, E.H., Lutzker, J.R., Crimmins, D.B., & Robinson, L.. Using a digital frame and pictorial information to enhance Safecare® parent-infant interactions module with a mother with intellectual disabilities. J Ment Health Res Intellect Disabil. 2012 5(2),187-202.
- Edwards A, Lutzker JR. Iterations of the SafeCare model: an evidence-based child maltreatment prevention program. Behav Modif. 2008 Sep;32(5):736-56.