GIS and Geospatial Technologies Careers Panel Discussion this Wednesday
Are you contemplating a career in GIS (geographic information systems) or would you like to learn more about professional work in various GIS fields? If so, the Department of Geosciences, the Geosciences Club, Gamma Theta Upsilon, AIPG, and GSU Career Services are sponsoring a panel discussion with several Atlanta area GIS professionals on GIS day.
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 @ Noon
Petit Science Center Room 124
Chris Bupp – Geographic Information Services, Inc.
Paul DiGirolamo – Atlanta Regional Commission
Michelle Lee – Geostats
Usha Pohkarel and David Holmes – Fulton County GIS
For more information about this event, please contact Dr. Hawthorne.
Learn more about GIS from these library resources:
- Introduction to Geographic Information Systems, by Kang-Tsung Chang (2010)
- Making Maps: A Visual Guide to Map Design for GIS, By John Krygier (2011)
- Teaching Geographic Information Science and Technology in Higher Education, by D. Unwin (2012)
- International Perspectives on Teaching and Learning With GIS in Secondary Schools, by Andrew Milson (2012)
- Charting the Unknown: How Computer Mapping At Harvard Became GIS, by Nicholas R Chrisman (2006)