Four times a year, the Economic Forecasting Center in the Robinson College of Business hosts a conference to provide a detailed analysis of the economic outlook for the United States, the Southeast region, Georgia and Atlanta. Economic turbulence is the theme of the next conference, scheduled for Wednesday, August 24.
Given the recent 512 point drop in the Dow Jones Industrial Average, the conference will provide timely insights into current events. Whether you’re a student wondering about job growth or GSU faculty concerned about your retirement accounts, this event is a great opportunity to pick up valuable information.
More information about the conference speakers and agenda is available on the Economic Forecasting Center web site. Attendence fees are complimentary for GSU students, faculty and staff – however pre-registration is required by August 9.
- Boom & Bust: Financial Cycles and Human Prosperity
- Panic: The Story of Modern Financial Insanity
- The Fear Factor: What Happens When Fear Grips Wall Street
- A Financial History of the United States
- Why the World Economy Needs a Financial Crash
and Other Critical Essays on Finance and Financial Economics