As GSU counts down to its inaugural football season, the following GSU University Library resources might come in handy for beefing up your football knowledge and for exploring the social significance of football in American society:
- College Football: History, Spectacle, Controversy by John Sayle Watterson
- The Holy Trinity of American Sports: Civil Religion in Football, Baseball, and Basketball by Craig A. Forney
- College Football and American Culture in the Cold War Era by Kurt Edward Kemper.
- “Examining Fan Reaction to Game Outcomes: A Longitudinal Study of Social Identity” by Beth Dietz-Uhler and Audrey Murrell
- “College Students’ Perceptions of University Identification and Football Game Day Attire” by Melanie Crosby, Soyoung Kim, and Jan Hathcote
- “The Geography of Visitor Attendance at College Football Games” by James M. Leonard
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Understanding Football like a Pro by Joe Theismann and Brian Tarcy