GSU users now have access to Journal Citation Reports (previous post here).
A web-based JCR training session from Thomson Scientific will be held on April 12, 2006. Advance registration is required, and sessions may fill up quickly. Click here to register.
Journal Citation Reports® on the Web – 60 min
Audience: Librarians, Information Specialists, Researchers, Faculty
Journal Citation Reports® on the Web (JCR®) is a unique multidisciplinary research tool used for journal evaluation. It provides access to quantifiable statistical data that supplies a systematic, objective way to determine the relative importance of journals within their subject categories. This seminar will help you use the JCR to:
* Discover high-impact journals
* Develop and manage journal collections
* Find which journals are cited most quickly (the “hottest” journals)
* Identify journals relevant to a particular area of research
* Determine a journal’s subject orientation and its peer or competitor publications
* Print, save or export data into spreadsheets for convenient and timesaving reporting
*Author ID: 198 Author name: Elizabeth*