GSU users now have online access to Journal Citation Reports (JCR), Social Science and Science editions, via the Web of Knowledge.
The recognized authority for evaluating journals, Journal Citation Reports presents quantifiable statistical data that provides a systematic, objective way to evaluate the world’s leading journals and their impact and influence in the global research community.
* Covers more than 7,500 of the world’s most highly cited, peer-reviewed journals in approximately 200 disciplines
* Offers access to citation statistics from 1997 onward
* Enables users to sort journal data by clearly defined fields: Impact Factor, Immediacy Index, Total Cites, Total Articles, Cited Half-Life, or Journal Title
* Enables users to sort subject category data by clearly defined fields: Total Cites, Median Impact Factor, Aggregate Impact Factor, Aggregate Immediacy Index, Aggregated Cited Half-Life, Number of Journals in Category, Number of Articles in Category
There are two editions of JCR:
* The Science Edition covers over 5,900 leading international science journals from the Thomson Scientific database
* The Social Sciences Edition covers over 1,700 leading international social sciences journals from the Thomson Scientific database
In 2005, JCR Web, available via ISI Web of Knowledge, expanded its analytical capabilities beyond the journal level to include the subject category level. The additional data makes it easier for users to understand performance metrics in context and facilitate collection management decisions. Related Journals enable users to see which journals share citations, and are therefore related. This analytical feature is available at both the journal level and the journal category level.
JCR can be accessed via the Library’s list of Electronic Resources & Databases.
*Author ID: 198 Author name: Elizabeth*