A collection of glass plate negatives from the Atlanta-Fulton Public Library have been digitized, and are now available in the Georgia State University Digital Collections. The collection of nearly 100 images consists of downtown Atlanta storefronts and streets before the viaduct construction of 1927-1929. Later, some of these covered streets became part of what is now known as Underground Atlanta.
John Wright, the Atlanta-Fulton Public Library Special Collections Librarian, culled information from Atlanta City Directories and Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps to identify streets, storefront locations, and business names.
Questions about this collection should be directed to the Special Collections and Archives at 404-413-2880 or email@example.com.