GSU users now have access to the Historical New York Times (1851-2002) through ProQuest.
ProQuest Historical Newspapers-The New York Times is a unique full-image archive that brings you the entire historical run of The New York Times, the definitive voice of American journalism since 1851. It offers complete coverage from 1851-2002.
As part of the ProQuest Historical Newspapers program, the database delivers every page of every issue from cover to cover, with full-page and article images in downloadable PDF. And the database just keeps growing, with a new year’s content added annually.
The Historical New York Times gives researchers quick, accurate Web access to history as it was reported by the nation’s leading newspaper with:
* Complete coverage from 1851-2002
* Display and classified ads
* Comics and cartoons
* Photos, maps, graphics, etc.
* Editorials and commentary
* Unmatched journalistic breadth and depth
* Fair, objective reporting
* First-class literary criticism
* In-depth coverage of science and politics
This database can be accessed via the Library’s List of Databases.
*Author ID: 198 Author name: Elizabeth*