On May 19, 2005, you may begin renewing your books either online via GIL or at the University Library, any materials that have a June 15, 2005 due date.
All renewed items will have a June 15, 2006 due date. On June 15, 2005, any material that has not been renewed will become overdue. An overdue item on your patron record will temporarily interrupt borrowing and Interlibrary Loan privileges.
To renew items on online via GIL, use the following steps:
- Go to https://gil.gsu.edu
- Click on “Renew Books online” under Access my GIL account to
- Enter the barcode found on your library ID card (ex.20785200123456) and your last name in the fields provided
- Click “Logon to your account”
- Select each item to be renewed by checking the “Renew?” boxes
- Make sure you have checked “Renew?” box for all of the items that are due June 15, 2005.
- Click on the “Renew items” button
- Review your new due dates-If renewed they should show 6/15/06
The online system will not accept renewal request if:
- If item was renewed Maximum (2) times- Item must be brought to the Circulation Desk to be removed from your record and then checked back out
- Item is Overdue- Item must be renewed before the due date. Item must be brought to the Circulation Desk to be removed from your record and then checked back out.
- Recall request is place on item- Item must be returned to the University Library.
- An audio or visual item from Media Center collection.
Please call the Circulation Desk at (404) 651-2178 if we can be of assistance with renewing your library items.
Source: Memo to GSU Faculty from Denita Hampton, Manager, University Library Access and Media Services
*Author ID: 31 Author name: Doug*