Christopher McMahon to Speak at Philosophy Colloquium
Dr. Christopher McMahon, Professor of Philosophy at the University of California Santa Barbara, will present a talk in the Department of Philosophy titled:
“Reasonableness and Legitimacy.”
Date/Time: April 12, 3:00 PM
Location: 34 Peachtree Street Building, 11th floor Conference Room
Dr. McMahon’s talk is sponsored by the Jean Beer Blumenfeld Center for Ethics and is a part of the Department of Philosophy’s ongoing colloquium series, which brings leading scholars from across the fields of philosophy to the Georgia State University campus to present their work to faculty and students.
Recent publications by Dr. McMahon, available at the University Library, include:
- Public Capitalism: The Political Authority of Corporate Executives. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania, 2013.
- Reasonable Disagreement: A Theory of Political Morality. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2009.
- “Nondomination And Normativity.” Pacific Philosophical Quarterly 88.3 (2007): 319-327.
- “The Indeterminacy Of Republican Policy.” Philosophy And Public Affairs 33.1 (2005): 67-93.
- “Pettit On Collectivizing Reason.” Social Theory And Practice: An International And Interdisciplinary Journal Of Social Philosophy 31.3 (2005): 431-449.
- “Shared Agency And Rational Cooperation.” Noûs 39.2 (2005): 284-308.
- Collective Rationality and Collective Reasoning. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 2001.
- Authority and Democracy: A General Theory of Government and Management. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1994.