And check out some of these GSU University Library resources about the Atlanta Underground:
- Hacker, J. F. (1989). Recapturing Main Street: A semiotic analysis of nostalgia in the Underground Atlanta project.
- Monroe, D. (2006). What’s up with the Underground? Atlanta, 46(8), 60-68.
- Newman, H. K. (1999). Southern hospitality: Tourism and the growth of Atlanta. Tuscaloosa: University of Alabama Press. – Contains a chapter on Underground Atlanta
- Williams, R. 1. (2004). Underground Atlanta: Combating negative perceptions and getting suburbanites to frequent this “downtown anchor”.
- Dan Sweat oral history interviews – Dan Sweat was involved in numerous high profile downtown projects, including the redevelopment of the Underground Atlanta.