“Two Worlds of Underground Atlanta”
Check out the latest post on Social Shutter about the Atlanta Underground, by GSU Sociology major and McNair Scholar, Tori Thomas.
And check out some of these GSU University Library resources about the Atlanta Underground:
- Hacker, J. F. (1989). Recapturing Main Street: A semiotic analysis of nostalgia in the Underground Atlanta project.
- Monroe, D. (2006). What’s up with the Underground? Atlanta, 46(8), 60-68.
- Newman, H. K. (1999). Southern hospitality: Tourism and the growth of Atlanta. Tuscaloosa: University of Alabama Press. – Contains a chapter on Underground Atlanta
- Williams, R. 1. (2004). Underground Atlanta: Combating negative perceptions and getting suburbanites to frequent this “downtown anchor”.
- Dan Sweat oral history interviews – Dan Sweat was involved in numerous high profile downtown projects, including the redevelopment of the Underground Atlanta.