Are Cigarettes Addictive?
The CEO of Altria (aka Philip Morris) doesn’t think so. Learn more about the use of tobacco through these resources at the GSU University Library, where we used to have a “smoking floor”!
- Benowitz NL. Nicotine addiction. N Engl J Med. 2010 Jun 17;362(24):2295-303.
- Brandt, Allan. The cigarette century: the rise, fall, and deadly persistence of the product that defined America.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Vital signs: current cigarette smoking among adults aged >or=18 years — United States, 2009. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010 Sep 10;59(35):1135-40.
- Fahs, John. Cigarette confidential: the unfiltered truth about the ultimate American addiction.
- Kluger, Richard. Ashes to ashes: America’s hundred-year cigarette war, the public health, and the unabashed triumph of Philip Morris.
- The Last Cigarette (DVD)
- Lee, Peter. Exacerbation of asthma in children and exposure to environmental tobacco smoke: a detailed review of the epidemiological evidence.
- Thank You For Smoking (DVD).