Yet another Google tool !
Need help with refining your research topic? Want a visual approach?
The Wonder Wheel is a visual concept map in Google. It’s a great tool to find or define a research topic. To use Wonder Wheel, perform a regular search in Google (link above).
- Click on “Show options” (in tiny letters under the search box)
- Scroll down to view all of the options in the left column
- Click on “Wonder Wheel” instead of the default “Standard view”
- You’ll see a circle with your search words in the middle & radiating out from it, lines connected to related words or phrases
- Click on one of the related words or phrases to get another circle with more lines radiating out from it, connected to other related words or phrases
adapted from http://www.olemiss.edu/depts/general_library/instruction/start/before.html