Here’s a welcome library enhancement you can use even after COVID-19 is long gone. Do-it-yourself book checkouts are now easier than ever thanks to the GSU Library’s latest system and app.
New Self-Checkout Kiosks, like the one pictured here, can be found conveniently within University Library locations at the Atlanta, Clarkston, Decatur, Dunwoody, and Newton campuses. Drop by and give one a try the next time you are on campus.
While in the library, GSU students, faculty, and staff may choose to use the optional Georgia State Self-Checkout app for checking out books, even while browsing in the stacks. You can find it at the Apple App or Google Play stores.
Some self-checkout tips … for the next time you’re in the library:
- Bring your PantherCard! You will need it to swipe in at the Self-Checkout Kiosk. (Or if you use the mobile app, you can skip this step.)
- Locate the item barcode either on the inside back cover (at the Atlanta campus) or possibly on the front cover (at some Perimeter College campuses).
- Place the book on the “Deactivate Here” surface with the spine facing away from you.
- Slide the book towards the red laser line or use the hand-held scanner to scan the barcode.
- Wait for the green light to appear on the barcode scanner and then wait for the blue light to turn green on the deactivator – that’s two greens. (Try again if the “Remember to Deactivate Your Items” message appears on the screen.)
- Books checked out to you will be listed on the kiosk screen and/or within the mobile app.
- Remember to tap finish or log out when you are done to end your session.
And that’s it. Our friendly crew is here to help if you get stuck or have questions. Please remember to wear your mask and stay 6 feet apart at all times. Hope to see you soon … helping yourself in the library.