Middle East Studies Center Panel Discussion: Trump and the Middle East
The GSU Middle East Studies Center will present a panel discussion “Trump and the Middle East” on Tuesday January 24 in the Troy Moore Library, 25 Park Place, 23rd Floor, Room 2343, from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- Anne Shlay, Professor of Sociology
- Michael Herb, Professor of Political Science
- Abbas Barzegar, Professor of Religious Studies
The discussion will be moderated by Allen Fromherz, director of the Middle East Center and Professor of History.
To learn more about United States involvement in the Middle East, check out some of the following books available in the Atlanta Campus University Library:
- Cairo, Michael F. The Gulf: The Bush Presidencies and the Middle East. Lexington: University Press of Kentucky, 2012.
- Gerges, Fawaz A. Obama and the Middle East: The End of America’s Moment? New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2011.
- Haass, Richard. Restoring the balance: A Middle East Strategy for the Next President. Washington, DC: Brookings Institution Press, c2008.
- Lesch, David W. The Middle East and the United States: A Historical and Political Reassessment. Boulder: Westview Press, 2007.
- Lesch, David W. and Mark L. Haas. Middle East and the United States: History, Politics, and Ideologies. Boulder: Westview Press Inc, 2011.
This event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact the Middle East Studies Center.