Resources on Student Motivation and Engagement
Faculty and GTA’s will appreciate the library’s collection of materials on innovative ideas to motivate and engage students. These multidisciplinary print and online texts provide solutions to getting and holding students’ attention using active learning environments.
- Student Engagement Techniques: A Handbook for College Faculty (online resource)
- Improving Student Engagement and Development through Assessment: Theory and Practice in Higher Education
- Engaging Students: The Next Level of Working on the Work
Plus, we have an online series on Cutting-edge Technologies in Higher Education! Each title covers “Increasing Student Engagement and Retention” using…
- Classroom Technologies: Classroom Response Systems and Mediated Discourse Technologies
- Immersive Interfaces: Virtual Worlds, Gaming, and Simulation
- Social Technologies: Facebook, e-portfolios and other Social Networking Services
- e-learning Environments: Web 2.0 and Blended Learning Technologies
- Mobile Applications: Smartphones, Skype and Texting Technologies
- Multimedia Technologies: Video Annotation, Multimedia Applications, Videoconferencing and Transmedia Storytelling
- Online Learning Activities: Wikis, Blogs and Webquests
Visit the library to browse the shelves and find more titles or search the online catalog.