The Diane L. Fowlkes Spring Event is held annually to highlight collections in the Georgia State University Library’s Women’s Collection. It is named for the founding director of the Women’s Studies Institute at the university.
This year’s event, “Advocacy in the Archives: A Conversation About Reproductive Health and Justice,” will take place on June 11, from 5:30-8:00 PM. Guest speakers include:
- Nancy Boothe, Executive Director, Atlanta Feminist Women’s Health Center
- Rev. Anthony David, Senior Minister, Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta
- Loretta Ross, National Coordinator, SisterSong Women of Color Reproductive Health Collective
- Dr. Wendy Simonds, Associate Professor of Sociology, Georgia State University
- Lori M. Surmay, Partner, Claiborne, Outman & Surmay, P.C.
We are delighted to announce that Diane L. Fowlkes will be recognized as Shero of the Year.
For more information, click:
*Author ID: 29 Author name: Morna*