It’s International Education Week at Georgia State. Find out about all of the activities on the event calendar, and more about international intiatives, including Study Abroad, at GSU at the Office of International Initiatives.
Using the library’s Discover service, you can find numerous articles about the impact of Study Abroad programs. Some interesting recent articles include
- Franklin, K. (2010). Long-Term Career Impact and Professional Applicability of the Study Abroad Experience. Frontiers: The Interdisciplinary Journal Of Study Abroad, 19169-190.
- Rexeisen, R. J., Anderson, P. H., Lawton, L., & Hubbard, A. C. (2008). Study Abroad and Intercultural Development: A Longitudinal Study. Frontiers: The Interdisciplinary Journal Of Study Abroad, 171-20.
- Talburt, S., & Stewart, M. A. (1999). What’s the Subject of Study Abroad?: Race, Gender, and “Living Culture”. Modern Language Journal, 83(2), 163-175.
- Goodman, A. E. (2009). Language Learning and Study Abroad: The Path to Global Citizenship. The Modern Language Journal, 93(4), 610-612.
On Wednesday there is an International Coffee Tasting. Learn more about coffee by searching the library catalog. Interesting books you will find include
- Pendergrast, M. (1999). Uncommon grounds: The history of coffee and how it transformed our world. New York, NY: Basic Books.
- Kummer, Corby. The Joy of Coffee: The Essential Guide to Buying, Brewing, and Enjoying. Shelburne, Vt. : Buffalo, NY: Chapters Pub., 1995.